The giant Doritos vending machine is gone, Auditorium Shores will hosts free concerts again, and there’s a Paramount tribute night spotlighting Doug Sahm. These are good signs for the 29th year of South by Southwest’s music event.
First up are Interactive and Film, which open Friday. Music starts Tuesday, which is “convergence day,” when the big three conferences and festivals within SXSW overlap (it’s the last day of Interactive, but Film goes to the end).
Below, we round up all of our preview coverage of the festival. Whether you’re headed to Interactive, Film, Music or some combination of the three, we’ve got you covered. Even if you don’t have a badge for any part of the fest, we have ways you can enjoy each part. Bookmark this page and be ready to navigate SXSW like a pro.
Interactive (March 13-17)
- What has and hasn’t changed in 22 years of SXSW Interactive
- How to interact with SXSW Interactive (for free) without a badge
- SXSW Interactive panels to explore thin line between TV and Web
- SouthBites panel muses over culture of craft beer
- Questlove to appear with Paul Qui at SouthBites
- “Detour” brings its (free for now) walking tour app to Austin with “The Year That Broke Austin”
Film (March 13-21)
- A guide to the film conference
- How to navigate SXSW Film without a badge
- A look at the SXSW Film keynote speakers
- 30 of the top narrative features at SXSW film
- The top documentaries at SXSW Film
Music (March 17-22)
- SXSW music previews, sorted by genre of music
- 10 unofficial side parties worth checking out
- 10 female SXSW music artists you should know
- Watch: Peter Blackstock’s picks of Austin acts at SXSW
- Watch: Deborah Sengupta-Stith’s picks of Austin acts at SXSW
Other handy information for the fest
- Guide to hundreds of unofficial side parties during SXSW
- Boozy events during SXSW
- Interactive map: Where to eat during the fest
- Free workouts during SXSW
- Win prizes in our SXSW scavenger hunt
- Brush up on your history with our interactive festival timeline
For a more information, please call us at 512.537.6739 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are many great Austin area homes for sale. Click here to perform a full home search, or if you’re thinking of selling your home, click here for a FREE Home Price Evaluation so you know what buyers will pay for your home in today’s market.
You may also call us at (512) 537-6739
Courtesy of Austin 360