Stay Protected AND Take Advantage of the Benefits of New Construction
Buying a home can be one of the most exciting things that you do in your life, but if not done right it can also be one of the more stressful things you may do. That is why using a Realtor is an advantage that most people overlook. Whether you are selling your current home, buying a pre-exiting home, or working with a builder to build your dream home using a Realtor is almost necessary for a smooth transaction.
Below are some of the benefits of buying a new home:
- No headaches when dealing with the fast moving Austin resale market and multiple offer situations
- It is FUN! You get to pick a floor plan and lot location that fits you and your family’s needs as well as pick the finish out that meets your tastes. This means no remodeling costs that are typically involved with resale homes
- More Efficient – Energy efficiency will save you money on utilities and maintenance over time. Newly built homes save up to 3,500 Kw a year on average
- They have quicker appreciation over the first 5 years. With the average home owner keeping their home 3-5 years, you will receive a higher resale value when it comes time to list your home
- Warranty – Builders are offering incredible warranty’s on new homes. One year bumper to bumper, two year electric and plumbing, and ten year structural
- Financial Incentives – Some builder’s are offering to pay title policies, closing costs, and are offering FREE upgrades or appliance packages
Why use a Realtor to buy a new home:
- The onsite representative of the builder is an employee of the builder. It makes sense for you to have your Realtor act as a third party advocate to represent you
- A good Realtor knows the builders in his or her market. They will be able to educate you on builder reputations and reviews and help you ask the right questions to ensure you are selecting a quality builder for your new home
- There are thousands of dollars worth of fees associated with a home purchase contract. Do you know what they are and who is paying them? We as Realtors are trained to know these fees are and will help you negotiate these fees, as well as upgrade options, financing terms, closing cost, and much more
- Your Realtor will help you understand your contract and contractual obligations to ensure you do not miss out on important steps throughout the process, such as when you may schedule inspections, to what point you can make changes in the construction process, etc.
- Your Realtor will save you a lot of time! Signing the contract is just the start of the process
Contact Us Today to Learn More About The Home Buying Process
We love working with Buyers! If you have any questions, or are in need of a Buyer Agent or Buyer Consultation in the Central Texas area, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
There are many great Austin area homes for sale. Click here to perform a full home search, or if you’re thinking of selling your home, click here for a FREE Home Price Evaluation so you know what buyers will pay for your home in today’s market.
You may also call us at (512) 537-6739 for a FREE home buying or selling consultation, so that we may answer any of your real estate questions.